Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The 40's, Feathers and Big Hair

What am I loving now?  The Golden Age collection from Urban Outfitters. This is usually not my style, but I can't stop thinking about how awesome these looks are!  I think I'm just thinking about simplicity and toning it down a bit for the Spring (less black and animal prints) but mostly because I'm ready to be able to wear cute shorts like these.
I don't know who Marion Cotillard is but I am totally obsessed with the outfit she wore to the SAG Awards.  The dress is amazing, the color is hot and the feather detail at the bottom is super fun.  I've secretly been thinking about owning a dress with feathers on it because I don't really see too many gals wearing something like this aside from super fancy posh events via style.com.  Aside from Marion's great dress were the shoes!! Gawd damn they are perfect!  I love a good platform and I can't wait to be able to wear big shoes like these again!
Lastly, the Chanel Couture 2010 collection is lovely and everything that Chanel is, but the hair is da bomb!  The crazy volume is excessively perfect with the giant bow right in the middle, bam!  I don't know if I'll ever be able to duplicate this do because I am not gifted when it comes to styling my hair, but maybe I can do something similar with half of my hair up and the rest down.

Photo Credits:
From top to bottom
Urban Outfitters via email mailer
Kevork Djansezian/Frazer Harrison/Getty, Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty via http://www.onewed.com/blog/
Chanel: http://www.style.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment