Friday, January 28, 2011

Snail speed but I ain't left yet!

You know what's completely bananas?  The fact that I have zero time to go online and do this.  If you're a parent and work full time you have very little time to just fall back and chill.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying this is why it's taken ages to do a proper post.  I did have the luxury two weeks ago to have an impromptu photo shoot for my online shop, which will be up on Etsy. The shop has been a goal of mine for the past three years at least. Why it has taken me years to accomplish this I have no idea, but then again I have so many things on my to-do list it's not so much of a surprise.  The shop will offer vintage, vintage inspired pieces and jewelry.  The clothing in the first batch of items that will be up for sale in February are straight from my closet, check it out...



Photos by L. Vitello

I won't disclose the name of the shop just yet, but I assure you it's Electrifying!  Speaking of awesomeness is my food blog I blabbed about in my last post.  I've decided that there will be no food blog and instead I'll be talking about food here.  I'm teaming up with a super savvy techie to pimp the shit out of this blog and organize it into categories- food being one of them.  Before I take off to make money I must tell you about the amazing book I am currently reading, Bloody Crimes.  This gem is about Abraham Lincoln's funeral and the chase for Jefferson Davis.  I am a fan of James L. Swanson, who has also written Manhunt, this man is a genius!!!!!!!!!!!  There's too much to say and a whole post about his books will have to wait for another day, but I will tell you that if you LOVE to learn about Abraham Lincoln you will appreciate how this dude writes.

Here is a clip of James L. Swanson talking about the young adult version of Manhunt, Chasing Lincoln's Killer, which I've read and adored.

No comments:

Post a Comment