Monday, February 1, 2010

Mostly Gold Stars at Grammy's

This year's Grammy's were a great departure from the usual garbage that is worn at this particular award show.  I don't know if you've noticed, but many artists usually opt to wear semi dressy at the verge of being casual clothes and it's no fun for someone like me who watches award shows mainly for the fashion.  I was very impressed at how beautiful and elegant most of the musicians looked like, but there were in fact two people that were dressed so miserably it hurt my retinas....

Britney Spears, in D&G
Ciara, in Givenchy Haute Couture



Damn, did they look like shit!  I wonder if Britney has gone back to the unfortunate decision of dressing herself and not hire a personal stylist.  The girl needs one 24/7 because she dresses like a hick!  I can't really recall what Ciara has chosen to wear at previous award shows, but honestly...WHAT THE FUCK WAS SHE THINKING?!!!!  

Now, for some class...lovely ladies at the Grammy's...

Taylor Swift, in Kaufman Franco
Keri Hilson, in Dolce & Gabbana
Mary J. Blige, in Gucci
Karty Perry, in Zac Posen



And for my top favorite Grammy look........I am in love with this Elie Sabb Haute Couture dress!  Rihanna, who for the record I think is one of the MOST ANNOYING contemporary singers, looked GORGEOUS, CLASSY, and well put together from head to toe (I don't know what her shoes looked like because the dress was floor length, but I am going to assume they were as awesome as her dress).  I appreciate the detail of the draping, the ruffles, feathers and I really dig the sleeves (hot trend for the next season)!!  


Photo credits from top to bottom:
OMG! YAHOO
style.com
style.com
style.com
OMG! YAHOO
OMG! YAHOO
OMG!YAHOO

2 comments:

  1. Taylor Swift does look gorgeous. It's funny, the first two could work on stage as "costumes" in their shows, but it does not suit a red carpet.

    ReplyDelete