Thursday, April 9, 2009

Coachella Blues

Next weekend is Coachella and I am not going :( My cousin Rosa and I hoped to go this year, but after planning it out the trip was going to cost an arm and a leg. The fiasco of figuring out where to stay in Indio for the night and how to get to and from the festival was so unattractive I totally gave up trying to make it work. In addition to that, attending a three day music festival is a really big commitment. Last year I went to the Outside Lands Music Festival at Golden Gate Park for three days and I was so pooped out after day one! The sun really kills you because it's beating down on your body and squeezing out the energy. There are a lot of cool bands I would have loved to see live:

Crystal Castles
Franz Ferdinand
Girl Talk
Molotov
N.A.S.A.
Paul McCartney
Peanut Butter Wolf
Steve Aoki
The Crystal Method
The Black Keys
Atmosphere
Band Of Horses
Booker T
Gang Gang Dance
Glasvegas
Liars
M.I.A
The Chemical Brothers (DJ Set)
The Killers
TRV$DJ-AM
TV On The Radio
Antony and the Johnsons
Brian Jonestown Massacre
Devendra Banhart
Lupe Fiasco
My Bloody Valentine
Public Enemy
The Cure
The Kills
Yeah Yeah Yeah's

...but I am sure they will have a show in the bay sometime in the coming months. Summer is my favorite time for live shows because of the outdoor music festivals such as Outside Lands, Rock the Bells and BFD and it's so much more convenient to go to those because admission is not $400 and they take place within 30 miles of my home. Ain't I glad I live near a popping place!

No comments:

Post a Comment