Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Viva Vinyl!

I just opened my copy of of The Raconteurs' Salute Your Solution Record.  I've had it for a while, but for some reason I kept telling myself not to open it because I want to keep it in absolute prime condition.  I'm listening to the record as I type this and it's absolutely marvelous.  I'm pretty sure I've heard these two songs before: "Salute Your Solution" and "Top Yourself (Bluegrass Version)", but I'm listening to them with new ears since this is my firs time listening to them on vinyl.


Vinyl rocks.

Which by the way reminds me of an episode of No Reservations when Anthony Bourdain travels to Jamaica and hangs out with a musician who tells him about this circle of life/mega recycling process that occurs with records. Apparently dancehall musicians cherish vinyl to this day and is what they send to djs in hopes their music will be played on the radio or at a party.  If their record doesn't sell then it's recycled and made into a new record.  How cool is that?!



No comments:

Post a Comment