Thursday, July 8, 2010

Girl With Green Eyes and Miu Miu Rocks

TCM is da shit, seriously.  The other day I happened to catch Girl With Green Eyes.  The film had already started, but I decided to watch it because the main actress, Rita Tushingham has the most unique look.



The film is directed by Desmond Davis who I've never heard about.  The story is kinda sad because it's about Rita's character Kate who falls in love with an older man, Eugene played by the actor Peter Finch.  She's a girl from a village living in Dublin with her roommate.  Her youthful energy attracts Eugene and she is thrilled by his maturity, but their love doesn't really work out because the age gap becomes a problem.  I seriously wanted to cry when I saw this because I really wanted them to be in love and together, but it didn't work out in the end because they are just so different in regards to where they're at in their lives.


The film poster is kinda sad because it totally embodies how Kate feels about him.  She is totally engrossed and wants to be part of his life so badly.  Tears....

Now, for some out of control happiness: the Miu Miu 2011 Resort Collection

Miu Miu Photos by Style.com

I've died and gone to heaven, seriously.  This collection is amazing!  It has a bit of some of my favorite things: the 40's, 70's, stripes, polka dots, cute patterns (apples), sky high platforms and super cool jewelry.  The styling is also very pretty, voluminous hair and red glossy lips are always a plus.  I also like how different patterns are mixed, I'm definitely into that right now.  

Lately I've been keeping it minimal with the accessories though, maybe it's the heat? Something about feeling super hot and having a lot of stuff on you is not really appealing at the moment.  Don't get me wrong though, I love my jewelry, especially stacking up bracelets and big earrings.  Here's a recent outfit shot, it was sorta windy that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment