Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oscars 2009

My top favorite Oscar gowns...

Nicole Kidman is always a knock out. Her picks for these glitzy events are simply beautiful. She always looks so classy. I loved her in this dress by L'Wren Scott (aka Mick Jagger's girl friend). I really appreciate the feather detail at the top and bottom of her dress, it reminded me of a show girl. Her hair style is also very simple, but elegant and her makeup is flawless. White is a hard color to wear and she wears it well.


This dress on Freida Pinto by John Galliano looked amazing on TV. The color popped and the sleeve glittered like hell. I love that it was sheer and it only covered one arm. She looked totally charming and in an interview she mentioned that her ring is a 150 year old diamond from India, that rocks.


Again, on TV this dress looked spectacular. From far away it looked like it was covered in tiny diamonds, but if you look closely they are plastic scales. Anne Hathaway looked like a trophy no doubt about that in this Armani Prive dress.


This dress worn by Evan Rachel Wood is totally classic. The train is not dramatically long and it hangs so effortlessly. Cream is a great color on her, she looks velvety smooth! Her red nails and clutch also give her the right amount of color punch. Dress by Elie Saab.

All photos by: Style.com

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I like Evan Rachel Wood's dress the most out of the 4 you posted. I also like how it hangs so effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete