Saturday, March 5, 2011

Recap: 83rd Annual Academy Awards Red Carpet

I missed the Academy Awards last weekend because I was invited to the Ryan Leslie show in the city.  I  had no idea who this person was, but I decided to be a good sport and check it out.  It was quite disappointing that this fool had the people wait like two hours for his lame ass to come out.  The dj who played while we waited did play the TLC song "No Scrubs," and that made me happy, but Ryan Leslie sucked and I did not enjoy any minute of it. Sometimes I feel like a hater, but I remember having so much fun at shows back in the day and music was a lot tighter.  I did scope out the Oscar's fashion though and I had quite a a lot of favorite looks, check em out...

Jennifer Hudson, Dress by Atelier Versace, Jewelry by Neil Lane
Rhea Durham, Dress by Naeem Khan, Clutch by Salvatore Ferragamo,
with Mark Wahlberg, Wearing Giorgio Armani

Hailee Steinfeld, Dress by Marchesa, Shoes and clutch by Salvatore Ferragamo
Halle Berry, Dress by Marchesa, Jewelry by Neil Lane 

Amy Adams,  Dress by L'Wren Scott, Jewels by Cartier
Florence Welch , Dress by Valentino Haute Couture

Anne Hathaway, Dress by Valentino Haute Couture (vintage), Jewels by Tiffany & Co. jewels 
with Valentino himself! Nice date Anne!!!
Michelle Williams, Dress by Chanel Haute Couture, Jewels by Harry Winston 

There were so many lovely looks at the Oscars, but my two favorite were these...

Mila Kunis, Dress by Elie Saab Couture, Jewelry by Neil Lane 
Gwyneth Paltrow, Dress by Calvin Klein Collection, Jewelry Louis Vuitton  

There weren't too many dresses that were appalling, but I just did not care for these...

Keith Urban with Nicole Kidman, Dress by Dior Haute Couture, Shoes by Pierre Hardy
Cate Blanchett, Dress by Givenchy Haute Couture, Jewelry by Van Cleef & Arpels 

Cate's dress is quite beautiful and it would have been one of my top picks, but the top part was totally horrid.  It looks like some type of armor and out of place quite frankly.  Nicole's dress reminds me of origami and it looks pretty cool until you get to the bottom.  I wish i could chop it off so it wouldn't look so stiff! But these two ladies took the cake, it just doesn't look right...

Sharon Stone, in Dior. 
Tim Burton with Helena Bonham Carter, Dress by Colleen Atwood, Jewelry by Solange Azagury-Partridge 

Sharon stone has the prom hair going on and the heavy eye and lip makeup is just too much.  The dress has such a bold statement with the plumage I wish I could rub a genie's lamp and give her a nice, tight ponytail, cat eye liner and a bright red lip.  Clean, sleek and pow with the feathers, you feel me?  Helena's dress was not as appalling in her choice of fashion this time around, but her dress looked a bit cheap I thought...

All photos by the awesomeness that is: Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment