Monday, August 17, 2009

Tis' the Season

What a gorgeous summer this has been. I had a whole month off mid June to late July and I spent every possible second relaxing and enjoying being happy in LOVE. The heat hasn't been as excruciating as other years, quite tolerable to the point I actually laid out to tan in the sun a couple of times, gasp! I had a wonderful mini vacation in humid Washington DC during the Fourth of July weekend and had the pleasure of attending a few outdoor music festivals. All of this is making me kinda sad that summer is going to be over soon.

Traditionally in October I like to spend a week in New York City, but this year I've decided I'm going to MIAMI! My homegurl lives there and she says the water is warm all year round, something I haven't experienced since I was a child frolicking in the beaches of Mazatlan with my family when we lived in Mexico. The San Francisco Bay where I live, is all coast but the water is so cold all the time it's impossible to swim in the ocean unless you enjoy to suffer. I'll probably be going on my sweet tropical vacation early next year, but while I wait I'll think of the life that is summer...








No comments:

Post a Comment